Friday, January 31, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 10 - PLANS

I have gone through the house in my mind and planned how I will prepare it for living. What was originally my parent's bedroom, then Dad's, then my son's, will continue to be my son's room. What was originally my bedroom, became a store room, then returned to be my bedroom yet again, will continue to be my bedroom - but I shall rip down the sign from the door. I have NOT been called Sandra, but Sande, for many years....

The bathroom, toilet, hallways stairs and kitchen will all remain as they have always been in room, but definitely not in color! What was a lounge then became my father's bed-sit room, will become the spare room. If I get a lodger they will go in there, and if not it will be vacant for guests. Or perhaps I will find another use for it. Along with my son's room, it will need a carpet installed later in the year. (It does have one, but it is 40+ years old and nasty things have fallen upon it!)

This leaves the 'pink n white room' - originally an outhouse, then a darts room, dining room, store room, lounge, store room...now to become my read and relax room. I shall keep the colors on the walls though.

So, ahead lies painting, carpeting, and a garden shape-up. Early in January I began spring cleaning a tad early - by cleaning 5 windows including the one in the read and relax room. I can already bird-watch - even if I do not yet have space to sit, read, relax, and still have stacks of painting items and junk in there. Once the bike is gone, I can get rid of the smaller stuff and 2 large wooden 'things', clean up, then begin to make the room the way I wish it to be.

I also thought I would tidy up my room. The first job had been done - along with the vacuuming and cleaning the windowsill. My pink pouffe was somewhat untidy - and has now been fixed to reasonable.


No comments:

Post a Comment