Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 5

It was only the weekend before Christmas when I stripped the wallpaper from the walls. Luckily, I do not celebrate the festivities or expect guests - because there was a dreadful mess left behind after stripping the wallpaper. There was at least one bag full of debris/soaked sheets to dispose of.

My next tasks were to go around the edge of the electric cable cover and 'knife-off' the remaining scraps of paper, wash off any paint flakes, and let the wall dry off while cleaning up the mess below. A solid vacuuming was required to turn the feeling of 'Oh no! What have I done - why did I start to do this!' into 'Phew! This is going to look good when it is finished'.
After the clean-up, more polyfilla work was required. Although the photo came out blurry, there is a long crack and a few holes above the front door to be tackled - as well as THIS!

 
Two patches on the wall that I thought was the best of the lot required my attention prior to paint. In fact, the wall I was somewhat hesitant of de-papering was in the best condition of the lot.

One of the 'relief points' for me was the fact that 'I OWN THIS HOUSE'. Had it belonged to my parents still, or been rented still, I might have become somewhat upset and concerned at what I had done and might need to do. Knowing that it belonged to ME however, allowed me the freedom to feel that whatever I did to it, however many accidents or disasters occurred, it was MY property. I had noone to answer to if I made a complete botch up. So, I chose to break off the broken chunks and polyfill the dent...

No comments:

Post a Comment