Thursday, January 16, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 3

My next task was the 3-step polyfilla-ing of the chunk of wall my son took out in preparation for the next round of painting. The photo depicts stage two, after which one more globbing of polyfilla was applied and the gap is now in need of a sand-down prior to being 'fixed'.
I had planned to tackle the bathroom next, as I had already opened the kitchen/bathroom 'almost white' paint to paint the kitchen ceiling with. Plans were to paint out the bathroom with the remaining 3/4 tub paint and then add some color at some point in the future. However, if you take a look at the extensive work that needs to be done prior to painting the room, I am sure you will agree that the necessity of a stepladder rather than just a dining chair is required. I do not feel 'safe and secure' standing on a dining chair on top a sheet in a bath tub for instance...

There is sufficient fall-out of plaster around the heater that dad had installed shortly before he moved downstairs and no longer used it. I shall need to remove the loose chunks and polyfill or plaster in the dent prior to painting. A couple of holes in the wall are present from the removal of the former bathroom cabinet, self erected by my father and removed by myself. Additionally, there are some minor cracks that need to be wiped back and possibly attended to.




No comments:

Post a Comment