Saturday, January 4, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 1

December has begun and I have continued to work on the interior painting projects, mostly. I began by buying a tin of bathroom/kitchen paint and preparing to paint the ceiling. My son's former curtains and dad's former mattress protector came in handy - as did our friend's painting sheets.

Onion at the ready, face mask was applied and I began! Ceiling painting - for me at any rate - is far more difficult than walls and things. Primarily, this is because the ceiling is above the brush, and paint is subject to gravity...
So, whilst the ceiling became much brighter, cleaner, and fresher with its new coat of paint - alas a few drops fell down. In the above picture you can see the dramatic contrast is dirty once-was-white and new paint. You can't see the spot that fell on my trouser leg, the few spots the fell on the floor, or the multitude of spots that fell on the painting-sheets though!


 
Once the ceiling had had its second coat applied on the day following, I painted the corner table. I finished the table with a top coat 2 days later, on the second Monday in December. There is still a little hazelnut gloss left, and I am trying to decide if I will use it on the sink surround or on the two wood chairs. 

Meanwhile, the ceiling was completed and looking good. One task I found extremely difficult was the top coat - the ceiling already looked the same color I was applying, so it was difficult to judge where I had and had not repainted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment