Thursday, January 23, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 6

Before continuing with the story of the lower hall walls, I will share with you a piece of embroidery that I created in elementary school. At the time, I was cross because after I had stitched the outline, I began to fill it in with lots of tiny stitches in a mess - that I thought looked pretty and realistic. The teacher told me to take them all out again and do 'proper stitches'. So, despite the result being what the teacher wanted and being sufficient for my parents to showcase on their wall for around 40 years, I was not happy with the result or proud of it - and hence it is now in the trash bag. Had I done it my own way, with the mass of messy stitching, it might be scheduled to return to the wall....
Here I was with my lower hall walls half-ready. There were several yukky areas to be dealt with before painting though. Such as the area that had once been a lightswitch until the rewiring and a few chunks from the joint below. The wall around the water tap was not very pretty, but mostly in tact. The main job lying ahead was to scrape off the flaky paint that lay under the wallpaper...



Doing this, I ended up extremely dusty and felt dirty for days afterwards. At one point I had to stop, vacuum up the mess, call it a day and shower. I simply could not bear so much mess. But, soon after I got back to it.
Christmas arrived, just as I began to realize I might not have enough polyfilla left in the tube...


No comments:

Post a Comment