Thursday, January 2, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 19

Along with the green trolley my grandfather made, were 4 plastic tubs and a broken kitchen table. Regular readers may recall that I used the old kitchen table and some plastic storage tubs to create a 'raised bed' for my father, the avid gardener, when his mobility deteriorated. Since he passed away, there has been no need for 'raised beds' and I took advantage of a tip-trip drive a friend offered to get rid of the past.
Also on the above picture, you can see green netting - this was what was placed above the foot high brick wall and tied into place with green wire to act as a garden fence. Since winds a few years ago blew it to bits, it had just sat there, broken... I preferred to have just the wall, so ripped down the fence at the same time as emptying a third of the poly tunnel.
Here you can see the brick wall without the messy broken plastic green netting fence - and the front yard with the soil from the tubs, instead of the tubs on a broken kitchen table. In spring, I hope to level off the soil, remove weeds, and begin to grow what I choose in the front - and back - yards. Now, we can progress into winter 2013/14...


No comments:

Post a Comment