Thursday, January 9, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 2

Continuing into December, I took a short break from the painting work and turning out to yet again turn out the pantry. Here you can see its updated format, with 'eat asap' foods on the lower 3 shelves, 'eat in next 6 months' foods on the middle shelf, and 'eat whenever' foods on the upper shelf.

 

 


This photo shows why I decided to invest £120 in a brand new mattress. This is not the only or worst 'patch', and if these afflictions are put to the bottom, 3 lumpy patches appear - one gets my knee, one my shoulder, and one escapes everything.

When I returned to the UK from Australia in 2009, Dad assured me I had a 'decent mattress' at my disposal. I think our ideas of decent differ, as although the worn patches and bumpy bits were not yet evident at that point, I could see some oversew keeping it together and knew full well it had a shelf life of less than 5 years. To make it 4 years, was pretty good going, therefore. THIS LINK leads to the mattress I chose. It was marked down considerably - and I like bagging a bargain!


It is listed as 2-man delivery service to room of choice, meaning I do not have to lug a great big mattress upstairs, or remove my old one down. It is also listed as taking away one old mattress and free delivery. This is the same store I purchased my late Father's pine bedframe/extra firm orthopaedic mattress from and they were good quality. (My son now has these less than 2YO luxuries, after using a camp bed for several months)

No comments:

Post a Comment