Tuesday, January 24, 2017

INDOORS 24



The windowsill was ready to have the curtains hung - painted and cleaned. I proceeded to clip on the 30 curtain hooks, hoping I had estimated correctly and got the right amount.


I had and the curtains slipped onto the hooks with ease. Tuesday was going well - new carpet and curtains making the room look really snazzy. It stunk of newness quite literally though. Tuesday evening I unpacked the first carton of flat packed Ikea furniture - the bedside cabinet. The floor looked a mess, despite being a brand new carpet!

New furniture fumes added to the new carpet and new curtain fumes, made the room stink of chemicals. Luckily, I leave the tiny window open all the time, so the aroma would go quicker than from most winter-rooms. I took a look at the instruction guide - hoping it wouldn't be in foreign lingo or illogical.

I had a hammer and the two types of screwdriver needed, and freshly laid carpet rather than a hard floor, but I did not have a wise and a dumb person - only myself and I did not need to contact Ikea, thankfully...as the instruction guide was logical enough beyond their introductory page.

So I began - by emptying out all the tiny screws and bits, and counting to check I had enough - I did - and with 2 spare thingies. I could proceed - but waited til Wednesday morning, as I was by now getting tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment