Sunday, January 8, 2017

INDOORS 19


I began to paint on the 28th December - and spent around 2 hours getting 1/3 the ceiling and a small portion of wall painted before being hungry and quitting to cook and consume dinner.

I can assure you it does not look that ugly a color in real life/light - but is a bit bluer than I had thought, and less silvery-gray. On the 29th, I painted some more - finishing the ceiling undercoat and 2 walls.


On the 30th, I top coated the ceiling and painted the other two walls. One more coat to go on each wall and I will see how much paint I have over. If there is plenty, I will third coat the walls and if not, I may single coat the interior of the closet.


On the final day of 2016, I completed a third coat on the walls. This left me a little paint to start the new year with. I am not as obese as I look in this photo - you must remember that it is winter and I have a window open while painting - several layers of clothing are therefore needed.

Looking back over 2016, I finished redecorating the spare room, completely redecorated the toilet, and top coated the ceiling and four walls in my bedroom. I am more or less on schedule to finish the painting in time for the January sales - at which I hope to score discounted bargains in the way of carpet, curtains, furniture and a bed!

My goal for 2017 is to finish the bedroom and use spare tins of paint to jazz up the coffee lounge after getting rid of all the junk in there. I then plan to save and hope to re-cover the poly tunnel and re-line the pond in the final 1/4 of the year -  leaving the bathroom and any major exterior upgrades for 2018/2019/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment