Thursday, January 12, 2017

INDOORS 20


New Years Day and I was back to work on the bedroom late morning. Earlier on, I did my favored chore of tidying up the pantry and reorganizing it based on best before dates. The bottom shelf is stuff like flour, rice, lentils, opened fruit and nuts that are in use. The next ledge up has my herbs and spices on the right, with items running L to R in order of use by date starting with April or May 2017 and running thru til mid 2018.

The shelf above this contains storage jars/tubs along with products with shelf lifes extending beyond mid 2018 thru to 2020. The top ledge is where I store my hot drinks, oils, sugars and salts, etc. I was soon back to work however, eager to get as much painting done as possible, ready to purchase goodies for the bedroom in the sales.

There was enough paint over to paint most of the closet interior. It only really needs a single coat, as its mainly for storing suitcases and shopping bags etc in - not for everyday use. The highest piece - a foot or so above the shelf - I have left for now, but will paint with spare paint if I feel like it when the rest of the closet paint is dry.

I used some more on the skirting boards - figuring I would undercoat them in matt and top coat them in gloss if there was not enough gloss to go round. I probably will have enough to double coat them if needs be, however.

Here you can see the two doors. The Tibetan gold exterior to the bedroom is staying - the red colors closet interior I have yet to decide upon. I began on the gloss - undercoating the windowsill firstly, and then the door surrounds and doors.


This last shot shows the coloring better - a sort of pallid blue. The whitish looking bits are just from light - everything is the same 'Mineral Mist' colored paint from Dulux - matt and gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment