Sunday, January 15, 2017

INDOORS 21


The 3rd January is today's date - as I write this post, though not as I post it. I have now finished all the painting and purchasing and can watch the new bedroom come together, piece by piece. This photo shows the fully painted windowsill - and myself taking the photo is reflected.


The second shot above shows the actual color best so far. Most of the time it looks paler in photographs, but this is true to the actual color the room now is. Yesterday, on January 2nd, I had completed the painting and started the purchasing. These next two shots show the room when completed, paintwise.


The first place I went - with my 1 grand budget - was Ikea. I spent £288 and will have one bedside cabinet, 2 chest of drawers, and one 3-door with mirror closet delivered between 7am and 7pm in flat packs on Sunday.


Next, I went to Worthing Bedding Center where I bought a bed and mattress for the sale price of £349.99 - saving over £200. This is expected to be delivered at some point between the 12th and 25th January, as yet to be arranged.

Today, I finished my spending spree by ordering a pale gray carpet costing £275 - including laying/fitting, etc - which should be laid in the room between noon and 2pm next Tuesday. I can then take in the tall closet Liz gave me for Christmas last year, put up the curtains, and start to assemble the furniture - and wait for the bed to arrive.

Curtains? Yes, on my way home from selecting and ordering the carpet, I stopped off at Dunhelm and grabbed a sale-discounted pair curtains and some curtain hooks for under £25 the lot - the curtains were half price!

No comments:

Post a Comment