Friday, January 6, 2017

INDOORS 18


Xmas Eve gave me added opportunity to work in the bedroom, due to my day-sleeping son going to work at 2pm instead of 7pm. I gave up on removing the closet door, and stood on a chair to plane the top, hoping that this would enable me to close it at least. I used the large plane noisily, the the little one quietly, alternating again, again, again, and again...

Success - finally! Now my only problem is if the carpet layers need to remove it and plane the base, cos the screws won't let that happen! I also used another half tube of polyfilla, leaving just a few bits to do. Looking at the amount I have polyfilled on the walls, I am wondering if I should just have hollered for a handyman and got the room replastered, but...


By the 27th, I had made more progress. The polyfilla and planed doors had been sanded - as you can see by the shreds of sandpaper remaining, I only just had enough to do the job!


It gave me dusty hands too! On the 27th itself, I swept the walls with a broom and vacced. The bedroom is finally ready to be painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment