Friday, January 20, 2017

INDOORS 22


This shot shows the first full weekend of the new year's activity. I moved 3-4 cartons of books and some other debris from the lower hallway on Saturday, in preparation for the arrival of flat-packed furniture packages Sunday. I also mopped the floor.


Upstairs, on the blanket box, is a stash of goodies awaiting my new room. The curtains, 55 colored coathangers, brand new bedding set and a new pair PJs are among the goodies! It will be a special occasion for me in that I have never before completely redone everything all at once - carpet, paint, curtain, furniture....

But I won't let it go to my head - there is still a lot of work to be done before the entire house is palacial - just take a gander at the laundry tubs for example.

Sunday, I waited in for my furniture flat packed parcels, apart from an hour when I popped round Betty's to do her laundry while my son listened out. The parcels arrived at lunch time, after I got back - well, 5 of them did - one was missing.

This is annoying, as it means I have to stay home all day some other day, or get my son to house-sit and listen out. I am NOT pleased. It is bad enough not yet knowing when the bed will arrive and having had to ask my son to be around for an hour while I went out today. I wish all deliveries were 1-2 hour timeslots of ones choice like groceries are!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment