Wednesday, December 30, 2015

WINTER WONDERS 30


The second week of December was drawing towards its close and here is where I was at. 'Playful Pink' satin gloss coats 2 and 3 to go on the trim, small windows, and door - then the final painting tasks on the lower walls. Firstly, to patch over the troublesome under paint and secondly to paint over any splashed gloss. The second task will be easier than the former and take only ten minutes.

The patches where the original green paint is still peeling away from the walls under my recent painting are troublesome indeed. A few have sealed and healed with the glue stick - the rest remain peeling and cracking away.

I have noticed that some parts of the walls feel soft - and am wondering if there is something wrong with the plaster - and spongy. I wonder if it is possible that moisture from the floor/former carpet has seeped up into the walls and this is creating the trouble. Therefore, whilst I address the remainder of the gloss painting and over-paint any splashes of gloss on the wallwork, I have got the heater on again - trying to dry any possible wetness in the walls. If this does not work, nail varnish, more glue, and screaming will be next on the agenda - in that order.


This is not acceptable - to me. The brush holder itself only needs a wipe over and rinse out, but the brush - EW! The handle is in three screw-together bits, so not very strong, but the fact that my son does not rinse the paper off when using it has clogged it up also, and so... it was time to say 'BYE BYE LOO BRUSH'!

I went to the store on the second weekend in December and bought a new loo brush! I will see if the new brush fits the old container or not, perhaps...as I liked the old one better and the new one is plastic rather than ceramic...


No comments:

Post a Comment