Tuesday, December 15, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 58


I finished the undercoat layer in the spare room, as you can see by this shot taken shortly after I cleaned the paintbrush. I think that it may need three coats, still - but there should be plenty of paint as it is a giant tub that my friend gave me.


I covered over the sanded paint flake-aways and waited overnight. Alas, yet again, more paint peelings. The next morning I groaned at the sight of them, but got on and painted the first wall with a second coat of paint anyways. As you can see by this photo - also taken shortly after rinsing the paintbrush out - it is likely to need a third coat as expected, though it is looking much nicer and the final color is now able to be estimated.


This shot shows how it looks when the second coat more or less dried - yes, you can still see a green tinge, sigh. It will definitely need a third coat. The next shot shows it fully dry...



...and that I am still having problems painting over that darn green paint! The current plan is to third-coat the lower walls, then turn the heating on high for 3-4 days, while sanding/touching up the areas where the green paint will NOT let the new paint settle. If that does not work, I will be hollering for help from my friend again!

No comments:

Post a Comment