Friday, December 4, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 56


After work - which was cut short due to the lady I was walking not wanting to walk very far in the rain and wind - I returned and completed another section of wall. I assumed that what had already been done would just need a thorough top coat until this point. As I got around half way round, I gave up due to feeling hungry. As I did so, I noticed a few 'problems'...



Some of the paint I had undercoated earlier was peeling away - due to that horrible green paint below it flaking away - all my earlier work was beginning to ruin itself...

After lunch, I took another look - but it was just as bad as I had thought. Even more of my painting was peeling away. Luckily for me not all over the walls, but in patches.



I am not yet sure what I shall do about this, other than continue to paint the undercoat on the rest of the walls and then decide. I am glad that the tub of paint is gigantic, though...in case I need to put on 3-4 coats total to seal the green flaky paint.

I have already removed wallpaper, washed, scraped, vacuumed, and re-washed the walls - but add paint, and there they go again! Hopefully, I will not have to use paint remover and get the walls entirely green-paint free and start over...

Regular readers will know that this is NOT the first problem that redecorating this spare room has given me - it is as if this specific room is cursed. I did not have this much trouble doing the kitchen, hallway or stairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment