Sunday, December 20, 2015

GARDEN GLIMPSES 28 and link


Here you can see some goodies that you might mistake for garden items - but NO! They are going down to my allotment plot. The netting is to cover the fruit bushes next season; the bottle of coffee grounds/coffee water rinsings is to de-slug my crops/add to the compost, and the bag of fruit and veggie scraps is also for the compost.

Now I have two tubs down on the plot, and none at home, all my scraps/grinds go down there. The smaller newer tub is now 'ready' for spring digging, while the larger original tub is being perfected for next fall!


The back yard contains a hedge, mostly situated next door at #9, and growing over into our yard. The sparrows enjoyed nesting, resting, and living in the hedge. I said enjoyed, not enjoy, as the lady at #9 died and the council have gutted the yard as well as house. Further along, the thick hedge now looks exceedingly thin... (NB - the hedge is no more at the time of posting!)


...whilst the birds are NOT happy, I am considering whether or not to re-cover and use the poly tunnel now that there is more light. I will wait and see what my friend says.

Another garden job lying ahead is the patio - I now own a patio greenhouse and hope to erect it prior to February ready to sow vegetable seeds. I obviously need to clear the patio first, though...


Finally for this post - HERE is a link to my online sale - I am trying to sell rather than dump these items - but they will go to the tip/garbage if not bought soon - as I want the room in my room! please check it out and spread the word - in case you see something you fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment