Thursday, December 24, 2015

GARDEN GLIMPSES 29


I had a horrible shock as I was greeted by daylight one Sunday in early December 2015. The council had completely gutted the yard next door and the hedge of various shrubs and bushes including the honeysuckle was now completely gone - only the wire fence remained! I quickly found a large sheet of corrugated plastic and made a small windbreak, but the yard is now open to the gales that whoosh about and my plants may suffer til the hedge is replaced - on my side.


Just as a refresher for anyone who has not been a regular reader, THIS is the before...



...and after shot of the fence between our properties. A few days later, they had taken out even more of the foliage between our properties. Here, you can see the former golden holly tree that stood several feet tall and provided nesting sites for doves and berries for fieldfares and redwings during cold wintry months.



Alas, a day or two later, the council returned and chopped the lot down. The whole tree has now gone.


By the looks of the back fence of next door, they had accumulated as much junk as my late father. My mind flashes back to the past 2 years where my friend assisted me to remove his junk supplies to the tip via multiple carloads...

No comments:

Post a Comment