Saturday, December 12, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 57



Jumping aside from the spare-room saga and inevitable regular pantry tidy-ups, here is a shot of some DIY work I put in outdoors. The fence was bending and swaying in the wind - so I originally attempted to nail it to the roof post. This failed.

I therefore removed the nail and put in a screw - which was not at the right angle to go through both pieces of wood, but by inserting a second screw and winding wire around them both and the roof post, I did the job! It no longer makes me concerned that the fence will fall out in a gale - PHEW!


Back to the saga of the spare room. After the horror of the paint peeling, I took a breather from painting to sulk. I then got on and did some more. The above shot is poor re color, as it is a musky grayish mauve colored pink with a paler shade below.


The color comes out a bit clearer in my next shot - of where I got up to on the second or third day of undercoating the walls. More paint peeling was going on though. I decided to try one last time to sand down the areas where the paint was peeling, with the plan to re-undercoat the patches before top coating the whole walls over - though I may actually need 3 coats on these troublesome walls, or more drastic action...


However, I can say that I am feeling more positive about the room now and that my vision of it completed lies not too far away - although in reality, it might take far longer than originally expected. However, it is something I can plod away at when I am not busy at the allotment plot or out with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment