Thursday, December 17, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 59

I began on the third and final coat of paint to the lower walls of the spare room. Overnight it dried and looked fairly good. As you can see, the two colors are similar enough to look suited yet different enough for show. However, I had a problem...



...The green paint that had been under the layers of ghastly wallpaper was still flaking off. Nothing seems to stop it from peeling. I have washed, sanded, vacced, picked, over-painted the darn stuff several times but still have THIS -


- greeting me. Meanwhile, it appears that our new next door neighbors do not like gardening or birds - as the council have began to strip their back yard. Gone are all birdware and the shed and here go the plants...



While the council were busy razing the yard next door, I was busy completing the third coat of paint in the spare room. As November draws to a close, the top coat is finished - however, the painting is not, as I still have multiple patches to attend to where the green stuff is peeling off.



In this last shot, you can see how the walls look colorwise - although I still have to re-sand/fix somehow/repaint the patches. I am thinking there may be some sort of glue or clear nail varnish perhaps that might seal the edges...

No comments:

Post a Comment