Sunday, May 29, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 45


This is my windowsill with the remains of my birthday bunch of flowers after 3 weeks duration. I have of course not just been sitting on my backside, but planning the next stage of the house makeover. The next stage became the toilet, due to not being home much of the day til my next vacation from my evening job for carpet arrivals.


Firstly, I vacced the cobwebs off the walls to make them clean - now all the spiders have finally moved out of the room, allowing me to redecorate it. Next, I polyfilled...



...and that is as far as I got in the third week of May. The final week began and I went around my friend's home for coffee - I came home with a pot of paint that she has mis-bought and didn't really want after all, with us in agreement that the pale yellowy color on walls/ceiling would go lovely with the planned cream gloss door/frame. It only having been a couple days since polyfilling, I had not begun to use the spare mauvey paints as planned previously, but was eager to get going on the yellow.



I had to make sure I did not splat paint on certain items - such as the loo, of course. I tossed the former shower curtain over it for a couple hours and took the brush to the ceiling on the penultimate Tuesday of May. The light was bright, but it began to look clean, if not much different to the 'dirty-stained-white' left behind by my parents. Once the walls have been painted and everything top coated, I plan to pop off to buy a tin of cream gloss.


No comments:

Post a Comment