Monday, May 2, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 41


I began to vac up the soot and apply card - however, the wood board I had expected was only a large piece of stiff cardboard and even with the new card did not hold nicely at all. I dashed out to the poly tunnel to find a piece or perspex, as there were no stronger cardboard boxes in the closet.



Giving myself a few minutes break, I perused the job I hoped to complete later in the day - 3 wall-closets in the kitchen were stuck shut when I painted them. I had not bothered for a while, but now I have accumulated more cooking utensils, the dresser isn't very roomy. My plan for later in the day being to force them open and clean them out - all 3.



In the meantime, I continued to work on the fireplace. My handy helper ate much of the soot and debris stashed behind the 'board' which I was then able to push back into place before I could apply and fix the perspex to secure it.



The job was already taking longer than anticipated, necessitating glances into the lower hallway to check on the time, as I had a 10am agreement to take an elderly friend for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment