Friday, May 13, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 43


I was a little delayed in my attempt to unfix the stuck kitchen wall closets due to an incident at lunchtime. After the delayed fireplace fixing and walking my friend, I lunched then ran down the village to fetch lunch for the friend I had walked - only to find another friend's husband lain on an ambulance stretcher writhing in pain on their path next door to the lady whose fish I had fetched...

I did however attempt the task of prising open the wall closets the next day using the carpet cutter knife and this is what I found hidden away. In the first closet I expected empty coffee jars - but I must have taken them out to use before painting as this is what I found -



Hmm...a couple of dirty wine glasses (I have 4 decent and 2 super-posh ones of my own) and some of my late mother's cookware, along with yet another mug - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I thought I had gotten rid of all the family mugs, groan. It is not likely that I will keep any of these items. To the next cupboard - which I anticipated was stocked with wine glasses...



Well...yet again, not quite what was expected - and more mugs. I am now certain that my late parents had an obsession with mugs. There were also jugs and some of the expected wine glasses. Once again - I have my own and will likely dispose of these unwanted extras. On to the final closet...

No comments:

Post a Comment