Friday, May 20, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 44

The final closet was opened also, and my expectations were met for once. I expected to find 'kithcen stuff' and an old mincer that had once made mincemeat for our mince pies each Christmas. That is indeed what was found in the third closet.



I also found another teapot, more glasses, some empty-but-dirty jars and....yet another bloody mug! Well, that was the end of the 'treasure' hunt - plenty more garbage for the charity store and tip, it seems - out of all three wall closets, the only items I may actually retain are the unopened pack of 6 sherry glasses and the family mincer. I can buy vegetarian suet and perhaps make some mincemeat filling for vegan mince pies 'once or twice' before selling/dumping the 'antique' - or maybe I will just donate it to a museum...?

The actual task of emptying, cleaning, and then the joy of filling the space with dresser overflow was postponed due to life, however. For the time being, I will manage by piling juicers on top of measuring jugs and pizza trays inside of colanders...

Such was my intention til one morning I had some spare time and energy - so turned out ONE closet .I have now shoved the overflow from the dresser into this closet located above the dresser - but still have the other two to go.



This shows the bar on the bottom of the stove when it fell off whilst baking a cake late April. It obviously hadn't been cleaned inside - and I did not previously know it even came off - or would go on again. I guess that is another little chore for me to attend to in May - cleaning it.


April ended with my 50th birthday - and so my windowsill became a mass of beauty for a while when my best friend surprised me with a bunch of flowers as a gift. 3 weeks later, as I post this blog, the three large white flowers are still in a vase on the sill, but the others have been placed #'elsewhere' when fading...

No comments:

Post a Comment