Thursday, May 19, 2016

GARDEN GLIMPSES 38


This was the blossom in abundance upon the tree outside next door on the grass verge this year. Usually, the blossom is gone within a couple of days, but this year it lasted around 2 weeks and was very thick and pretty. Here follows another shot from my yard towards the tree, including my own pieris tree which is also blossoming currently, as well as its fiery red flowers.



Below my tree, you can see my natural wild front yard contains a few yellow tulips, a bluebell, a grape hyacinth, dead daffs, sedum, and other bits n bots. The frogs love to hang out under the undergrowth, and so I haven't properly trimmed the ivy and brambles as planned...


In the final week of April I was hard at work, both at the plot and in the back yard. Here you can see how the patch under the smaller apple tree is going.The lemon balm Liz gave me is going well; I popped in a violet; the bluebell is in flower; various bulbs are at varying stages, and a few other things are also growing.


In front of the kitchen window is also coming along. Here you can see that I have planted a few excess cabbage and tomato seedlings as I have far too many for the poly tunnel and allotment plot. You can also see the chives and mint in my herb patch and the strawberries.


Here is a closeup of the patch nearest the kitchen - showing the bulbs, a marigold, more of Liz's lemon balm, strawberries, a violet and my favorite plant - which also came from Liz's excess - the furry greyish one, which grows flowers of my favorite pinky-purpley color.

No comments:

Post a Comment