Saturday, May 21, 2016

THE PLOT 10





I managed to find large brackets at a store in Rustington - so applied one inside and one outside to secure the loose fitting side panel. I have not been able to cuprinol the shed walls, nor apply the new wig with glue, due to the weather, though.

May began and I was greeted by better weather. The crops were beginning to emerge and prosper. A very exciting time of year, if busy - for there is a lot of work to be done, too.


Here you can see the new weed bag, with the strawberry bed behind. There are now at least a dozen flowers in the strawberries. Behind is the next raised bed - and today I noticed a nasturtium and either a melon or squash seedling. Behind that is my onion bed - and most of the onion sets are shooting and growing now. The bush-like structure beyond is my broad bean patch - and I now have at least a half dozen beans forming!

The shrubs behind are my blackcurrant and rhubarb and gooseberry and raspberry plants - all doing well, shooting, flowering, a few small fruit beginning to grow...

Coming back from the rear on the righthand side of the first photo, you can see my other patch of broad beans, with what appears to be a large empty area - but NOPE - that is my potato patch and I have at least 53 spuds survive the frosts!

Next, is my raised bed with strawberry runners that were planted anew this year. the rows of caned things include tomatoes, cabbages, peas, beans, and a Brussels sprout plant. I also planted a dozen corn seeds - but as this was only done yesterday, I do not know if any will grow - surrounded by marigold seedsb

Finally, you can see that I have begun to dig up the path. I aim to have the plot grass free/turned to mud paths, by the close of the year. Here is a close up of that area...

No comments:

Post a Comment