Tuesday, May 24, 2016

THE PLOT 11


This shot shows the flowers on my strawberries, along with some of my cabbages, and a couple of blackcurrant bushes. While my next shot shows the broad beans and the fruit area - where I recently erected the netting. You can see how dry the ground is - for once. Rain is forecast for tomorrow though, and we could do with 1-2 days light-medium rain, as we have had quite a lot of sunshine this week - including the past 2 warmer days.



The above shot shows the netting - and my prolific rhubarb. I have so far removed 17 stalks - and offered a few to the next door plot in exchange for some of his purple sprouting broccoli! You can also see clearly how useful my friends Myplex ground covering will be as the weed season begins.

My final shot from the first week in May shows the garlic and broad beans in front of the potato area - and that I have done a little bit of weeding along the edge. I have actually put in a further 2.5 hours weeding since these photos were taken - as well as snipped the edges and finally Cuprinolled the shed!


We are now entering the final week of May and I took a few more shots as well as putting in a few hours work - mostly weeding and watering. As you can see above, more than 80 of my spuds survived the frosts and have now been earthed up. This may look a little messy/level, but I planted them deep so earthing up levels them out and only rises them slightly.


Finally, for todays' show, a glance at my fruit. Here we see the blackcurrants and gooseberry bushes, with raspberry canes behind. Most of the area is now netted and Myplexed, and I am anticipating a good crop!

No comments:

Post a Comment