Friday, May 6, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 42


The sheet of perspex was around the correct size and sturdier than the cardboard my late father had used. I am therefore hoping that it will retain all further fallings of soot and debris for a longer period before they begin to seep into the room and need further attention.

I managed to sellotape it into position quite painlessly. I was then able to consider applying the sticky backed plastic contact sheet to secure it firmly. It was a bit crinkled, and not perfect - but it was only cheap stuff.

Next, my task continued by overcovering the crinkly stuff with the final layer - hopefully - metallic burgundy Xmas wrapping paper. I had seen the color matched the curtains that my friend kindly washed for me so grabbed the sheet ready...


It was a little messy but I had more wrapping paper and more sellotape - and a little more time... so I applied another layer.


That seemed to do the trick and is probably as neat as I can manage without professional tools and using cheap materials! Good enough....

So I began to experiment with the decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment