Tuesday, April 26, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 40


I began my task the day before, cutting 4 pieces of card from an old computer box, thinking that this could be inserted behind the thin wooden board my late father had put in situ once the soot was gone. I shredded the boxes that I found inside it, as they are plain and will make good compost.


I planned to reseal the board over the card and fix it with contact then cover it with burgundy. This task was set aside for the middle weekend in April. meanwhile, I planted a chili seedling in a ginger wine bottle that I filled with mud and card and water and coffee grounds and stuck on my bedroom windowsill.


Back to my mid April task - here is where I began, with this rather yukky looking fireplace issuing an aroma of soot. My first task was of course to wipe it over and clean it up a little. Doing so I located 2 or 3 loose tiles, sigh - time to buy more glue!


I then set to work measuring and cutting the contact, ready to apply once the soot had been removed and card inserted behind the board - or so I estimated...

No comments:

Post a Comment