Thursday, April 7, 2016

GARDEN GLIMPSES 35



In addition to securing the hooks to the wall - and plastic cover to the frame - I placed a tomato grow bag in the base of the patio greenhouse. I did have one tomato seedling pop up on the windowsill, so estimate it may get used this year!

March continued, and our pallid daffodils were putting on a fine show in the front yard.



Next mid-March task for me was to pot up a bucket of herbs for the poly tunnel - basil, parsley, and coriander - hopefully.



The daffodils were beginning to end up for the year in the back yard, though the larger paler ones out front were still flowering.

I started to tackle a redesigning of the back yard, as I became fed up of having my late father's choices lain there. I don't really think his ideas match mine too well. I began by digging out ivy and bindweed from around the apple tree and giving it a prune - the eating apple tree that is, not the Bramley tree.


I then filled the space in front of the tree - that had been occupied by a tulip or two and weeds - with various transplanted plants a couple of strawberry, a bluebell, some of those purply-pink flowers with white spotted leaves, a few bulbs from here and there, and a couple pieces of lemon balm from Liz...

No comments:

Post a Comment