Saturday, April 16, 2016

GARDEN GLIMPSES 36


It was time to work in the poly tunnel. I sowed some corn in big tubs and some herb seeds, and watered my huge potatoes. Most people have 1-2 inches of growth on their spuds - as my outdoor half dozen have - if any, but my poly tunnelled spuds are doing well! The leaf-mould continues to decompose - and I must compare it to my friends shortly.


It was not long before the polytunnel overflowed into the patio greenhouse. Here you can see my tray of leek seedlings on the top shelf, sweet pea and tomato seedlings on the next, pak choi/radish I am collecting seed from on the next alongside a Camellia seed I am trying to grow, and then the 'ready to go' tomato grow bag below.


Back to the poly tunnel, and here you can see the next step - taken early April. Those spuds keep on growing, don't they? I have now potted up a half dozen or so leek seedlings in smaller pots. Below you can see the cabbages coming through in the large pot, with a few replanted in the pot in front.



This shot shows the other side - where I have a couple of peas, a brussels sprout, some tomato seedlings, and a melon all doing well. As for an update on the recently replanted apple tree area - here you can see most of the plants doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment