Tuesday, June 14, 2016

THE PLOT 12




Here are photos of my two clumps of broad beans. The first were sown into the ground and ignored til they surfaced, then watered. The second bunch were likewise treated but began life under the poly of the former cold frame. As I write, it is the final week of May and I took my first 10 pods home!



The rhubarb continues to astound me. I do not recall dad's ever being so productive at home as I grew up when he grew a plant in the back yard. This is what it looks like AFTER three dozen stalks have been removed for consumption!


Here is my artichoke and onion bed. As you can see, after wondering if they would or would not appear, the artichokes have surfaced! The onions are doing well - mostly. They are growing well in green stalk and also building the bulbs.

As May began to crawl to its close, I had a lovely surprise one bleary-eyes (before 6am) Tuesday morning as I sipped my coffee. I blinked my way through my emails then opened Facebook - to find out that I was the winner of a contest! You can see the video HERE.
https://www.facebook.com/billagardener/posts/1784106828479353?pnref=story

(I am still awaiting the prize arrival...)

The final week of May arrived and here is my cropping for the last Saturday of the month ... a dozen broad bean pods.

(As I post this blog I am just done with the broad beans having pulled both clumps this past weekend - and have cropped almost a 1000 just this weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment