Saturday, June 18, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 46




The ceiling was finished - it took just two coats of the yellow paint my friend Liz gave to me. It covered the murky dirty-white ceiling easily and looks lovely. 


I did the ceiling on Thursday in the daytime, and then painted the undercoat on the walls that evening after work. I waited til I got home, as my son had by then gone to work his nightshift. I figured it would be easier to have the paint dry by the time he returned in the morning than have him not bump wet paint.



As you can see, the undercoat barely covers the old orange-mushroom coloring. It is going to take 3 coats on the wall, whereas it only took two for the ceiling.


On Friday, I polyfilled a line of small holes running down the wall seam. I had not bothered before as it was behind the door - but I had polyfilla over and thought I would make a nice job of it - even if it is only the toilet!

It is surprising how easy real polyfilla is compared to the cheap brands, despite being able to get huge tubs for around the same price instead of just a tube. Liz was worrying I might not sand it down prior to painting - lol - but it barely needs it when you use the real thing, as it sets smoothly and doesn't go lumpy and stick out.


My birthday flowers have finally almost ended - though mostly I have planted the stalks 'just in case'. I did toy with putting the left overs down on the hall table....but gave up the idea and planted them instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment