Wednesday, November 4, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 48


Oh dear me - whattamess! I was happy to use my friends 'magic machine' to get the crap off the walls quickly - but it still took me two days to completely strip the lower and upper walls of paper. I encountered several hazards en route - including a gash in the wall where my father's recliner smashed into the plaster on one occasion...




...a mysterious colorful crayon-like design...


...a couple of 'fixed' cracks that will definitely need more fixing before a paint.


markings on the wall that might just have been the wallpaper print or damp patches - but as yet are unknown factors...


...a few plaster droppings... and by now I was totally miserable and ready for a flurry of tears. Ever since the initial day of stripping the wallpaper, every time I entered the spare room I came over faint, dizzy, feverish, and nauseous after 5-10 minutes - even when wearing a face mask. Along with the depressing piles of stripped paper, cracked plaster, and flakey green paint, I was feeling pretty much fed up at this point. I had to keep going, though - as I had promised to return my friend's wallpaper machine on the Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment