Friday, November 20, 2015

GARDEN GLIMPSES 25




Sorry for being so boring, but here is yet another cropping from the two apple trees. Yes, time to make yet more cider... I managed to bag up two large bags of stewed apple for pies and crumbles, but the rest went into two new batches of cider, after syphoning off batch 2 and 3. I now have 1.5 bottles sweet, 0.5 of dry, and 1.5 sweet batch two bottled up - ready to sip from December onward and the two loads below going at the brand new stage.



As you can see by the size of the apples I had over, it has been a 'too' good year for apples in our yard - sigh. I still have a few more on the tree if I can be bothered to cut them down...

My friend was talking about scooping up leaves to make leaf mould with - so I had some spare time and grabbed me a sackfull. The day before planning on scooping up another sack, it rained...so the second sack can wait!



My next shot shows the falling of fall leaves from my next door neighbor's verge tree. At least, were there anybody living next door it would be so - but the elderly lady has died and the house has been empty for a few weeks. I therefore did as my friend suggested and grabbed a second bag of leaves to make leaf mould with and only just in time - there is now activity next door and I assume we either have or will soon have new neighbors! I shall have to leave the next dropping of leaves....

No comments:

Post a Comment