Wednesday, November 11, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 50

I recently accumulated enough nectar points to splash out on new bedding for free, and this is the result. Then it is back to the spare room horrors. Something in the room was making me feel faint and dizzy when I went in - even with a face mask. A friend of mine and I went thru all the possibilities - dampness, wall insulation, carpet...



... and she suggested cramming something in the wall holes and polyfilling them quickly, to be followed by chopping out the carpet ASAP. I crammed old shopping dockets into the gaps and applied polyfilla as directed, and indeed, although the result looks somewhat messy, the feeling of faintness and dizziness is no longer present.



It took a lot of polyfilla to fill all the cracks and holes in the spare room - 3 large tubs, one spray, and one tube later - and most of the cracks, gashes, holes, and plaster-fall-outs are dealt with. It is still very messy however, as I have not yet sanded it down.



My next task was to fill in the final cracks and holes and then sand down the lumpy polyfilla and wash the walls free of the flaky paint and this task has now been completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment