Thursday, November 26, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 53


As you can see in the above picture, the ceiling has now been fully covered in the mystery color - a sort of 'gray-purple' pink. I have yet to open the giant tub, also given to me by my friend, to see how the colors will match - she described them both as horrible shades of pink that she did not want - but it will coat the lower walls, shortly and she seems to think they will go together.

I am contemplating removing the lampshade - it fits the hallways better than the spare room, as it is not burgundy, wine, pink, or purply coloring...



Please take a good look at this horrific 45YO carpet. Towards the end of the first week of November, my friend came around and we are now thankfully rid of the majority of this historic remnant. Whilst not ugly in itself, it is patterned, and I do not like multi-colored carpet - just plain ones.

I also know what went on top of it, however cleaned up the various messes were - cat fur, budgie poop, mouse blood, coal and soot, tea, coffee, soup, beer, wine, human vomit, pee, and poop have all splatted onto the carpet. (I did offer my friend gloves and face mask and apply both myself, though she refused the gloves - SHUDDERS!)

We spent almost 1.5 hours crawling about the floor armed with knives, scissors, scrapers, string, trash sacks, and a dustpan/brush - hacking, scraping, sweeping at that carpet and its underlay. My initial view of what lay underneath made me sigh with relief - NOT bumpy, lumpy, cracked and broken cement - but tiling, in fairly good condition too. PHEW!

After my friend went home for lunch, I got Henry to eat up our left behind carpet-crumbs. And here is what was underneath the carpet when we removed it and cleaned up a little.



Taking a very quick break from the spare room saga - the pantry had another re-ordering...

No comments:

Post a Comment