Saturday, November 14, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 51


Just one last shot of the polyfilla that needs to be sanded down before the walls are washed and Henry vacuums up a burp-full meal of paint flakes, polyfilla fall offs and plaster. Then it will be onward to the next stage of the transformation - me and my friend are going to chop up and remove the carpet...

...or so I thought. Sanding did not go very well, as usual - but that's one thing I do not mind - I rather like the lumpy look, so intentionally do not over-sand. I then prepared to wash the walls.


The result after around 4 hours was that more green paint flaked off, more chunks of plaster fell out, and the room looked a total mess.



Protected from all things volatile, I re-entered to spend an hour or two on the ceiling and rim. The former was not so bad; the latter had wallpaper glue to scrub off and took a fair amount of time. Finally, after the heater was on overnight, I Henry'd up the plaster, polyfilla, and paint flakings leaving a dank damp room with yet MORE flaking paint. This resulted in me using Henry on the walls to vac up some of the flaky paint....and leaving it overnight. My friend came round the next morning and said 'not to worry' about the flaking paint (even more was flaking off as she touched it)... 

...hmmmm...

The plan was then to await a grocery delivery inclusive of 2 polyfilla tubes on Tuesday to polyfill the new plaster-holes. Then my friend would help me get rid of that hideous carpet by chopping it out in pieces and taking it to the tip.

In hindsight, not worrying about the flaking paint may have been an error of ours - but more about THAT in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment