Friday, November 6, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 49


On I went - miserable, sick, and wobbly. After one day of work, I had the bottom layer completed - and piles of stripped paper, dust, and flaked off paint on the floor to deal with. My friend had suggested I use the black trash sack she wrapped her machine in to fill with the paper peelings - indeed, it took THREE giant sized trash bags to take all the peelings in the end.


This shot shows the room after one bag has been filled with peelings. looking at THAT picture - the presence of a pretty pinky/burgundy spare room complete with recliner and sofa bed seems a far FAR distant dream - that however must be realized in the next few months as I have invited 2 overseas guests to visit me in 2016 and they will need housing!


On the second day of wallpaper strippage, I began on the upper level - which consisted of brown paper, gray paper and white bubbly paper layers over grey-white flaky paint. Once again - major problems arose - not with the stripping of paper, which thanks to my friend's loan of the machine went quite well considering, but due to underlying hazards...


such as finding out that when the double glazing had been installed, the workmen had done a crappy job and left gaps above the window. SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! This is gonna take more than one tube of polyfilla, folks!

Stay tuned - on the morning that I posted this pre-written blog, the ceiling had been undercoated and today the carpet came up...

No comments:

Post a Comment