Friday, October 30, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 47


I even started on the bedside tables - I replaced the photo of my best friend in NY with a photo of a butterfly and tidied up my pink pouffe - which I use as a shelf. The plan is to continue by piling the books on the right to the left, emptying the slot on the left, removing the box on the right, putting the pink pouffe stuff into the slot on the left, and removing the pink pouffe.


But before all that palaver, I began on a major task thtn turned into a total nightmare. My friend L loaned me her wallpaper machine again - as seen in these photos.



As you can also see, there was 30+ year old green floral print wallpaper on the walls in what WILL be our spare room. The paper had been present since my teens, as evidenced by a photograph. The above photo shows the damp patch which hopefully will no longer be damp now I have mortared the exterior brickwork and had the heater on for two weeks.

The former paper was an orange print and I recalled this layer from my childhood as soon as I began to strip the green stuff off. I also located a thin white paper that was 'before my time' covering flaky green paint. I began....


No comments:

Post a Comment