Friday, October 23, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 45


Along the side of the house, I used the ladder once more - but only 1-2-3 rungs, so did not call my son for further assistance, letting him go to drink beer and get some sleep. By the time I reached the alleyway, I had a new problem - I had run out of mortar! Deciding to leave it til another day and the small coffee jar I had saved, and also buy a new tub, I grabbed the camera.


My next task was cider-making! The demi-john on the right has been sitting around for several weeks, or months, and was looking ready to bottle. It is my 'sweet cider batch 1'.


It was not until I removed the stopper ready to syphon out, that I spotted any movement - but then I did notice some bubbling still going on. I assume this means I have created a sparkling cider, not still...

...um, hopefully. Anyways, it now resides in 1.5 x 2liter bottles under the tble, and I did not throw out the old apple bits, but added the blended pulp of four new apples, with skin, and some more water to make a new batch from a mix of old and new apple. Apparently this can be done, so I am attempting it.






One last shot of that ladder, now safely returned to my friend, and me showing I was sucessful in not falling off!

No comments:

Post a Comment