Saturday, October 17, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 43



Today, let me show you that I was actually COMPLETELY caught up with laundry - for a few hours, until I stripped my bed that is. But the sight of 3 empty laundry baskets in a row is quite rare for me in this country!


Onwards with the saga of palace-making from my father's dump... My friend L loaned me her ladder for the purpose of filling in some holes in the area about the bathroom window on the exterior of the house. The following picture shows you the result of one of the lower holes that also needed to be filled; luckily the bathroom holes have yet to result in any such damage as the patch of damp in the spare room.



One bright and sunny Sunday morn I spent 2 hours and twenty minutes applying mortar mixed in this tub to the exterior of my home. I found yet another old mop handle lying about the yard, stuck in the pond accessories netting on the wall to use as a stirring stick and 2 old spoons and my gloved fingers acted as the application tools!

I managed to take out a coffee jarfull of dry mix 'just in case', but preceded to mix up the remainder in the tub - stir, stir, stir, scrape, stir, stir, stir...

...and I was ready to climb up my friend's ladder and apply the mortar!


No comments:

Post a Comment