Sunday, October 11, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 41



The above shots are of the two smaller windows in the spare room. Previously, they were blocked by 'family photographs' rather than curtains, but I did not want to have out of date photos of myself and son lying around the spare room - while we are alive right now and living in this home for REAL!


This lump with a hole in is where the TV aeriel comes thru into the house, as this room was formerly the lounge, or 'sitting room' as my parents called it during my childhood. Dad having been a TVaholic, moved into this room when unable to handle the stairs and the room still had the TV in situ until his death.

I do not watch TV at all - and have only watched a few movies on TV since the 2007 Superbowl, when I officially gave up TV. My son did watch TV - mostly movies and soccer - but as he was to be the only user and did not wish to pay for a TV licence, I gave the TV and set top box away and our household has NO TV!

Therefore this lump on the sill - and the lead coming thru the window that replaced the original aeriel socket at some stage were useless. I hacked off the cable, but have yet to remove the hooks that held it in place or the lump. Here is a shot after the net curtains were replaced - and of the remaining items in the spare room. As you can see - not enough stuff left to prevent me from tackling the decorating any longer!


No comments:

Post a Comment