Monday, October 19, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 44


This is the BEFORE shot - showing a few holes about the bathroom window. I have circled them for you to see clearly - although I miscircled a couple. And here is my AFTER shot to prove I was more or less sucessful, before I relate the tale of how it happened...


I managed to fix the ladder to the correct height and lean it in the correct angle, according to the instructions on the ladder edge. I positioned it to perfection and began to ease my way up - with a spoonful of mortar. By the time I had taken 1-2 rungs, I could grab the door overhang 'just in case' - as I am not that used to workmen-style ladders, only little step ladders.

I did 3-4 small lower area holes, but when going up to do one of the 3-4 higher holes chickened out. My friend had warned me not to go up without someone holding the ladder, but I had been out when she brought it around the day before and my son had not answered when I called out 'Are you awake still?'... I did not feel too safe going to the very high holes without a ladder-holder, so climbed down and worked on lower holes for a while.

I was just about ready to talk myself into trying again, when I decided on a loo break first - only to find my son shuffling about upstairs, so I asked for his help. With far more confidence, I managed to go up 2-3 times and fill the holes - all except 1-2 over to the far right of the photo, which alas I could not reach due to a camellia bush being where the ladder would have to go.

However, I proceded to complete the ground floor fillings - albeit somewhat unprofessionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment