Tuesday, February 28, 2017

OUTDOORS 13


Liz has been tidying up Betty's house and offered me her gardening bag. I was interested to find out what was inside...

On searching through just the top, I discovered at least 3 pairs of gardening gloves, some delphinium and marrow seeds and some garden tools. A couple of days later, when I had more time, I emptied the bag out and went through everything - having been told to keep what I wanted and toss the rest. There was actually quite a bit of useful stuff in there.

I definitely will not need to buy gardening gloves or secateurs for a long time, if ever again! In fact, it was very good timing - for a week or so later, my at-home secateurs broke.

Well, spring is apparently here - so say my frogs and the daffodils, crocuses, tulips, bluebells, etc. I tidied up the poly tunnel ready for its final season before it gets a new cover. Here you can see the lefthand side - where I have 9 prepared pots and a few bits and bots - such as last season's' parsley and rocket and the coming seasons onions and cauliflowers.

At the back, you can see I have cleared up the table of dead basil and tomatoes - all popped underneath to rot in with my leaf mould from last year - and set out some trays of soil ready to plant with 2017 seeds. Actually - I have already popped in some leeks and chilies... Another tray of cauliflower seedlings ready to take to the allotment adorns the table on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment