Sunday, February 5, 2017

INDOORS 29



Despite that hiccup, I banged in the nails required and then stared in dismay at the next step. Should I or shouldnt I....?

One is supposed to fix the item to the wall at this stage. Now, for the smaller, lower items, I wouldn't bother unless fitting them all together in set places. However, for this tall, large closet I figured that maybe I ought to have a shot at fixing it to the wall. I knew exactly where it was to go, and there wasnt really anywhere else it was going to fit anyway, to change my mind...

Yes, I had inherited a power drill - could use the power bar as an extension chord - and had wall plugs and long screws from curtain rails, bathroom cabinets, or some other purpose...

I tried. One wallplug went in half way and the screw bulged it out and went in 1/3, but seemed firm. The other...oh dear me! The worst problem of the furniture assembly to date. The drill not only made a hole for the wallplug, but a great chunk of plaster fell out. Regular readers may recall my having wondered if I should have had a full replaster rather than a polyfill... the answer to that question then posed should have been YES...

Never mind, I tossed some polyfilla on the loose wallplug and screw hanging out of a gaping hole and sadly progressed to closet doors.


I worked very carefully, realizing that it would be easy to mishang a door. Luckily, although one is a tiny bit forward and one a fraction to the top, all three hung well enough to close and look good.

Handles wre then screwed on. My headahce was getting worse and I had to take paracetamol before continuing, as screwing in the handles needed more oomph than my sinus throbbing would permit. The handles were properly secured however.

No comments:

Post a Comment