Sunday, February 19, 2017

INDOORS 31



Here you can see the assembly of the drawers, which went as smoothly as the cabinet itself. At the end of the third piece of furniture, I had a few extras and tools. Once again, as with the bedside cabinet - I am not going to fix it to the wall as instructed. It is too low to need this in my opinion and I am not having heavy items at the front and nothing at the back of the drawers. I also want the option of moving the smaller items around to new positions in the room if I choose.

So there you have it - my room as it stopped Thursday afternoon. I then flaked out for an hour trying to get rid of the sinus headache, wondering why the rain that had dripped and winds that were whooshing had not ended it, as normal. I stepped outside to go to my evening job, semi-recuperated after my rest - into a blizzard as my nose and head eased...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I then understood the sore head and nose.

I was pleased with the room, thinking how fancy and neat it looked - just a little upset at the hole in the wall and the fact that fixing the closet to the wall was only partially successful. Normal wooden ones don't need fixing to the wall, though - so I am hoping this one won't 'need' any further attention beyond polyfilling the hole 3-4 times til its gone and the wallplug/screws that protrude are 'secured' that way.

Nothing more could be done other than apply polyfilla a few times - as the bed was arriving Friday afternoon. It arrived promptly at 12-05. I was given the time slot 12.30-4, but told them I would be home 12-5, so they probably wished to get it done quickly and first. It freed my afternoon up - although I had expected to have to stay in, so arranged for a friend to pop round for coffee anyway.


The bed looked fancy too - just as the furniture, curtains, carpet, painting... & I was pleased to see it was assembled in Yorkshire - not China!

No comments:

Post a Comment