Friday, February 24, 2017

INDOORS 33


I was all ready to move in to the newly redecorated bedroom mid-January. Liz said I should move in as soon as I could, rather than fuss about waiting for the final piece of furniture to arrive, so I did - on January 16th right after our discussion. Above you can see the collection of new items I moved in with.

Here is the now empty spare room. I say empty, but it is not really - I have plenty of guests already living in there that were sharing it with me before I moved back upstairs - as in a collection of at least a half dozen spiders! They seem to congregate around the computer area - I wonder if they like me playing Song Pop at Facebook and/or my monthly Ligmincha Dharma webcasts?


And here it is - the final piece of flat-pack furniture, that arrived 2 weeks after the rest due to getting lost in the warehouse. It has since been unpacked, built, and put into use.

As February arrives, I contemplate. My main plan is to fix the garden/exterior during 2017 (and fix up the coffee lounge, which should only cost £50-75) 'as and when' savings permit. I then have 2018/19/20 - a maximum of three years - in which to save enough to completely re-do my bathroom and alleyway.

Even if I do 'all that I can do' myself, removing a bath tub and either replacing it and installing a real shower over it OR having a shower cubicle installed and doing away with the bath altogether is going to cost a MINIMUM of £2000. Once done, it will add value to the house and be hopefully set for 5-10 years before repairs are required, but it is a major expense looming ahead that may hold off the repointing that will probably be required within the next 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment