Friday, March 7, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 20

The wet and windy weather did not allow me to continue with the painting, as it would have been impossible to leave the door open without it banging to or letting in debris. I therefore worked on selling items. I currently have a half dozen books and a mirror for sale on Ebay as well as an antique oil lamp on Gumtree. This is the next item I have been cleaning up ready to sell...



I also sorted out my garden seeds. I did not buy all these! More than half of them came free in my late father's garden magazines and I have now inherited them. I hope to get a few veg from the yard this year, as I should have more time to work on digging and weeding, providing the weather permits. no rush there is plenty of color already in pre~spring as you can see by the camelia bush!



Finally, we had a day when I was not booked to go out that was neither wet nor windy. This particular Sunday I had to be quiet so my son could sleep, as he has recently started working night shift at a local supermarket. I got on with the painting, as you can see. I applied a third coat to 2 wall panels, took a break, then applied the first coat of gloss to some of the lower hall trim. Although not yet finished, you can see the general color scheme, using COOKIE DOUGH & TIBETAN GOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment