Friday, March 28, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 16

As you can see, the daffodils are doing well this year. We have one black sheep daffodil of a different color for some reason, though. Much work needs to be done in the front yard, still, despite having had a whole week of dry weather.

In the back yard, the two rose bushes were sprouting although no buds have formed yet. I have begun to dig over the veg plots for 2014, and inserted some of the home made compost. My next task was to prepare the rose area for the erection of the new arch. I began by potting up the snowdrop, crocus, and mini daff bulbs into a pot, and 3 more rose cuttings into another.

I then laid out the material and began. There were, as you can see, several groups of green metal poles as well as a few left over mini daffs for me to take inside for vase afterwards. I had to decide whether or not to dig the remainder of the clump out, or to leave them to one side.


I began to construct the arch, joining the poles together by screwing midpieces into the side pieces for each side. It was not too complex and I did not have too many problems, although the instruction booklet was merely a diagram and list of 'how many' this and thats I should have.




No comments:

Post a Comment